If like us you like to change it up, there will come a time where you consider the much-loved option of a fringe. But unlike Edinburgh’s annual festival, a fringe is a long-term commitment, something that will stay with you for a while – not a temporary month long moment of madness!
Before you get the snip here are our Do’s and Dont’s to a successful fringe.
- Make sure you keep it up to date. It is not the sixties and the fringe has moved on so embrace a modern look.
- Try a heavy fringe to hide problem eyebrows.
- Consider your hair. What’s right for straight hair won’t work on curls.
- Use fringe friendly products. Heavy, oily products will weight it down and make it greasy.
- Don’t be afraid to pop in for regular fringe trims. Never cut it yourself EVER!
- If it’s too much of a step, then start off with longer soft bangs to test the water.
- Rush into a fringe. It takes time and effort to keep it looking good.
- Just consider your face shape or the size of your forehead. For example if you have oily skin it means an oily fringe!
- Be afraid to fake it like Kendal Jenner.
- Go too short, unless you want to make a statement.
- Worry if you don’t love your bangs, they grow back eventually!